Today marks a significant milestone in the future of WeWebU. I am thrilled to announce that effectively 24. January 2013 Alfresco has acquired 100% of the shares of WeWebU Software. The WeWebU products will become an integrated part of the Alfresco portfolio. WeWebU will become a new business unit of Alfresco called Alfresco Business Solutions.
Over the last two years WeWebU and Alfresco developed a successful technology partnership and trustful relationships between key employees in all departments. Over time we all recognized that this relationship became more and more strategic for both companies and finally we decided that it would be best for both companies to join forces.
Alfresco is the perfect fit for WeWebU because
- the WeWebU products are fully complimentary to the Alfresco portfolio and will allow Alfresco to address new use cases and customer groups.
- both companies are dedicated to a commercial Open Source business model and open standards, especially CMIS.
- WeWebU provides the leading platform for content centric business applications, whereas Alfresco offers the fastest growing customer base in the ECM industry.
- Together we can deliver superior business solutions on premise and in the Cloud.
- WeWebU gives Alfresco a strong presence in the German speaking market
Will the WeWebU team stay on board?
The founders, management, and employees are excited about the opportunity to grow their business under the umbrella of Alfresco. I will join the Alfresco Management team as leader of Alfresco Business Solutions and Jens will keep his current role as technical director of this Alfresco business unit. All employees agreed to stay with Alfresco Business Solutions and it is planned to hire additional staff as we expect accelerated growth in the future.
Will we support non-Alfresco repositories (e.g. IBM CM8 and FileNet ) in the future?
The WeWebU business solutions are unique in the marketplace because they can run not only on Alfresco, but also on IBM ECM and other CMIS based repositories. This multi-repository-capability and the expertise of the WeWebU staff with especially the IBM repositories was one of the reasons why Alfresco was so interested in WeWebU. We are dedicated to support not only all existing WeWebU customers on their repositories in the future, but also to win new customers on non Alfresco repositories for the Alfresco Business Solutions built on WeWebU technology.
I am more than excited to join the Alfresco family together with the WeWebU team and I am proud to be part of this visionary company heading towards a successful IPO.